Scott's Going

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Last Day in the Bay

I'm leaving Hawkes Bay tomorrow morning on a bus bound for Auckland. I'm going to stay with my sister for a night and she'll drop me off at the airport on Friday. I hate buses, but better get used to them I guess. Lucky my thoughtful girlfriend sent me a package from The States with some things for my trip including The Alchemist, which I'm looking forward to reading.

My first leg of the flight to Tahiti takes about 5 hours. I arrive there late evening and get taken to my hotel which is part of this resort:


Pretty flash huh? I'll stay here for a night and the next day, so should be able to do some exploring... Then it's a 11hr flight to New York and things will step a notch.

I've enjoyed my few weeks in Hawkes Bay, but am ready to turn my life upside down now, leaving every solid, predictable, comfortable part of my life in New Zealand. That's the goal of course - now I'll have to make sure I rise to the challenge of starting from scratch somewhere else... Wish me luck.

Scotty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Jangles said...

As Ergie eloquently put it - take luck and care for it.

8:01 pm  
Blogger Asterix said...

Good luck Scotty but you won't need it, you'll have a ball, travelling the world and seeing new places and meeting new people is what it's all about. Just keep sight of your bags at all times and keep your wallet, cellphone etc in your front pockets and you should be fine. Oh yeah and guard your passport with your life.

It's great to step out of your comfort zone and challenge everything that you know, you'll feel so empowered. You'll really appreciate home for what it is and if yo are like me you'll be extremely proud to be a New Zealander.

See you soon buddy.

12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home