Scott's Going

Monday, November 13, 2006

Knight Rider


You may not know this, but 20 years ago my favourite TV show wasn't Seinfeld or Sopranos, it was in fact Knight Rider. So when my mate Pete invites Jase, Brett and I for a cruise in his Black Pontiac Firebird yesterday afternoon, we all jumped at the chance. This version didn't have the K.I.T.T voice nor capable of Turbo Boosts or 300mph, but that didn't matter, because it was black, it looked cool and we were in it. It certainly attracts a lot of attention where ever it goes - we were always been looked at by jealous onlookers. Plus it's hard to ignore the sound it makes; an American sports car sounds like thunder rolling through the streets.



We were pretty lucky to have a drive as Pete's sold it and loses possession next weekend, hence we had to be pretty careful. I hadn't even driven since Feb when I was in the States, so it was fun to be behind the wheel. It's a left hand drive, but we all handled the challenge pretty well. It's such a sensation to have control of the beast - we were all grinning like big kids for 2 hours straight! It wasn't raining so we took the chance to take the t-tops off to get that open air feeling our childhood hero David Hasselhoff used to get.



It was a great afternoon - thanks Pete!



So if I had to wait 20 years to drive my dream car, am I going to be like 40 when I get to drive a Porsche 911 Turbo? That sounds about right...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know when you get your 911 turbo, because i expect reciprical hospitality! Chur.

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home