Scott's Going

Friday, October 13, 2006

I haven't forgotten you all

Hey hey. I know it's been awhile and much has happened so I'll do a quick update now and maybe fill in the gaps later. I can write blogs from work now (in my lunch hour of course) so they might come more frequently...

You read correctly; I've started a new job now. It's at an international Oil & Gas Engineering company called Saipem UK. It's part of a parent company called ENI who's logo is the six legged dog you may have seen in relation to Agip. I'm working as an estimator in the commercial department working on tenders for sub-sea pipe laying and heavy lifting (up to 12,000 tonnes) projects, ranging from say £3m to £60m - so projects with a large scope and a bit more responsibility. My experience as a Costing Engineer at Windsor got me the job. It's a good move for my career I feel and I'm happy to be back in the engineering industry. There's a lot of new concepts and lingo to be learned, but that's what I enjoy. There's good scope to move around within the company and possibly around the globe as well, in the future. http://www.saipem.eni.it/

I took a week off after I left Charles Church Developments and nipped over to Italy for six days to hang with Turtle in Bergamo, Milan, Florence and Rome which was great, but I'll expand on that later...

Ciao tutti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home