Scott's Going

Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's what's on the inside that counts

So I woke up this morning at my pals place near Tower Bridge at about 7am with a bit of an overhang from the last night. I really just wanted to find my way home to Croydon so I could feel bad in familiar surroundings, so went about looking for my bag. But could I find it? No! I kinda needed it as it had my keys and other important stuff in it, so looked in the lounge, looked in this bedroom where I had been sleeping on the floor for a bit, in the garage – nothing. Until after I spied one of the straps poking out from under a mattress some dude was sleeping on in the lounge. So I go to investigate and sure enough I pull my bag out from under this sleeping guy. And it wasn’t a small bag or anything either. Drunk people will sleep on anything won’t they?

So I then did the walk of shame back to Tower Hill tube stop and went on the District Line to Victoria Station and jumped on the overland down to East Croydon. I know that’s not the most interesting of info, but it gives you an idea of the mission Londoners face getting home sometimes. But I’m home now and had some more sleep and am happy as Barry.

What helped make me happy was checking out my photos of last night. If perhaps I had forgotten if I had a good time last night, they were a good reminder that I did. Gotta love digital cameras. I was at a party with a hat theme, hosted by Big Mal & Bridget and their flat mates. I had a load of friends there, which was great, including our slow and steady mate Turtle who recently touched down at Heathrow.

Speaking of Turtle; Himself, Justin and Justin’s flat mate and I are all off on a 3 day tour of Wales next weekend which is a bank holiday, so that’ll be fun. Apparently there’ll be sheep there, so I’ll feel at home! Funnily enough the tour company is called Shaggy Sheep tours.

Before the party last night, a group of us went to Earls Court to see the Bodies Exhibition. Boy was that amazing. It was a large display of dissected real bodies and body parts that had been preserved with a special silicon polymer. It was so enlightening to see what our bodies really look like on the inside. There were various stages of the exhibition including, muscular, skeletal, digestion, nervous and circulatory systems and more. Also seeing real fetuses from the age of 5 weeks was pretty eye opening. Check out www.bodiestheexhibition.com/intro.html if you like. It’s finishing up here at the end of August, so maybe it’s coming to a town near you! If you ever get the chance to see it, you must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home