Scott's Going

Friday, February 17, 2006

Seinfeld

What's the deal with paying $100 US for a ticket to see a stand-up comedian that points out what seem obvious idiosyncrasies of human culture? Umm - it's Jerry Seinfeld that's what.

TJ and I made the trek to Baltimore last Thursday to see the ultimate stand-up guy test our laughing muscles. He's been out of the comedy scene for a while now and he's been busy collecting more material. He got married six years ago and now has three kids. Jerry must have exhausted the amount of jokes he could get from the dating scene and decided to take the next step and start family humour. And I must say it paid off!!

He started with some more standard material (99% new) about cell phones, weather, garbage etc. which was all gold, but then he moved to fresh top shelf material about his marriage and kids. It was a little over an hour of really solid comedy with no filler - I guess that's why he's paid the big bucks (God knows he doesn't need it either!) I was actually hoping he'd pause sometimes as TJ had trouble breathing, she was laughing so much!

Jerry was much more animated on stage was really stretching his voice with that high voice he has when he tries to yell. It really was a break from his drier style we're more used to. Physically he was all over the stage and really getting into it. At one point he was on the ground trying what I think must have been lie-down comedy. Either way, horizontal or vertical, I was amoung the sold out venue that couldn't get enough.

So I can say I've seen the crème de la crème of comedians now and move on with my life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Jangles said...

Hi scottyy!!! hope all is well, it sounz so. Mer and erg have to move cos our flat got sold ! sux to be me. later skater.

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home