Scott's Going

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Update

Well, I know it's been ages and I've been slack and most people have stopped checking now so I'm probably talking to myself. Oh well...

Anyway I'm having a great summer here - there's so much to do all the time. I'm off to a beer fest tomorrow night with some buddies at Earls Court. It will be a bit of a warm up for when I go to Oktoberfest in Munich in September.

The weather here gets a bad reputation as most of you know, but I have to say this summer has been a pearler with most days being as good as any Hawkes Bay day in the summer while blowing away Wellington's attempts of good weather. It is however better than the norm apparently, unless it's a sign of things to come, what with global warming and all. Damn, the conversation has turned to weather too early.

I took a week off work 3 weeks ago and did a tour of Ireland with Paddywagon Tours. It was one of the best trips of my life and has truly got me wanting to do more tours. Starting in Dublin and stoping off over 5 nights around the island, it was a packed week full of sightseeing and great nights out with all the great people I've met, some of whom I'll stay in contact with. It's such a good way to meet like-minded people who are all keen to make new friends and enjoy a new country. I'll probably do a similar tour of Scotland when the time comes.

Work is going ok, but will be ending up at the end of August when the two sites I'm working on will be finished. I've enjoyed my time there and am lucky to be working with some excellent people, but will be happy to move on. I'm in talks with recruitment agencies about other jobs at the moment, so I hope something comes up. Ideally, if I have a sweet job lined up, I'd like to take a week off between jobs to take off somewhere and relax or something.

Ok, that's it for now - I'll try to update you a bit more often..

Scotty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, about time you updated us man ;)Slack guy. Nah, you're not just talkn to yourself. Looks like you're hav'n a good time, although you should stay away from tho's drunks and Aussies ;)

Ciao

Jas

6:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home