Scott's Going

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ugly Cars I Hate

For something a little different: here's five cars I think should never have gotten past the first sketch stage, but somehow made it into production and people actually bought them. Not surprising that Ford came up with a couple...


FIAT MPV - What's the deal with those lights under the windscreen?




Ford Ka - Stupid name, stupid design. Noddy's cartoon car had a better design than this. Too much grey plastic doesn't help either. I'd rather drive a Lada!



Renault Megane - It's simple: it's got a fat ass.




Ford Taurus - I once heard this car described as looking like a hedgehog that had been trodden on. I'm not sure exactly how that works - maybe the pricks are on the inside? Anyways, you think the back is ugly? You should see the front.


BMW M6 - Ok, I actually think that for the most part it's a smart looking car, but it's an example of how one ugly design feature can ruin the rest of the car. The front lights are butt ugly - I've seen better looking bulldogs than the front of this car. BMW is really taking some risks with styling these days and is straying from their old design maxium; form follows function. They used to produce subtley designed smart looking cars. Now they might be alienating some of their customers who liked it that way.

Tell me any others you don't like...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Skoda Roomster should be your number 1. Now that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. How that made it into production, i'll never know. Front and back windows at different levels. Check it out here at http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/showroom/roomster/roomsterintro.aspx

8:57 am  
Blogger Rooster said...

Don't mock the Ladas, quality European design!

8:25 am  
Blogger Greame said...

Ugliest cars on the planet, without a doubt, are those Fiats! I just laugh at the blind retards I see driving 'em. Full credit to the salesperson tho.

6:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it with the fiat! I saw one a couple of years ago when they first came out, I just don't get it, whats the point? it looks like curves gone wrong!

3:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home