Scott's Going

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Scott's Here

I haven't been able to give an update for a while and I've got a lot to cover, but for this one I'll cut straight to the end (Donnie Brasko style) and fill in the gaps later...

I arrived in London at Heathrow on Saturday morning after an overnight flight (where I lost 5 hours) from New York City. I made it through customs really quickly as I was able to shoot through in the EU passport holders line - all thanks to Mum being born in Manchester. I was very lucky to have my friends Jase and Sonya meet me after I collected my backpack and drive me back to their most excellent 2-bedroom flat in Purley, South London. So I'll be staying with them for a while because I get my own room and even get to hook my laptop up to broadband!

So it's really going from one expensive city to another. They (the proverbial they) are right when they tell you not to start converting back to NZD or you won't want to buy anything. Now I know why they call it a pound, because it feels like your wallet gets a pounding each time you venture out!

Since I've been in the US for the last 6 weeks, I feel 'traveled out' somewhat and am ready to look for a job pretty soon. I had a meeting with a recruitment firm today that seemed confident of finding me something in the construction industry. I'll stay with Jase and Sonya until I get a job and find accommodation close to that.

Now I've caught up with the sleep I missed on the way over, I'll start catching up with the friends who I've been promising to for the last four years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home