Scott's Going

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Job Hunt

My main mission so far here in London has been looking for a company with which to swap my time for some much needed pounds. It's not quite as easy as everyone leads you to believe with comments like "You're an engineer, you'll have no problems" and "They'll snatch you up, they love Kiwi's over there". It's been tougher than that, and I've started to look for temporary work before I manage to get into more of a career role. I've enrolled with many agencies and started to get some good temp possibilities for this week.

Along with that, I've been catching up with some fellow antipodean friends, sharing thoughts about making our way in the world far from home. I've been looking forward to breaking out of my regular routine of working a 5 day week, but find myself wanting to get back into it straight away, now I'm here. Maybe I wouldn't have to if I weren't in London, but I don't know how long I would last here if I don't. My plan at the moment is to work for a while to save some money and start doing some travel in the summer. That's me living in the future again, d-oh!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Greame said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! Enjoy livin in the present. Sorry I didn't get u a present! :-g

12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home