Scott's Going

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

London Bikeathon


So I did a marathon distance on Sunday, but it wasn’t running unfortunately. I did a 26 mile charity bike ride for Leukaemia. The London Bikeathon started at Chelsea Royal Hospital (not far from where I live) and took a route along roads and the Thames Path to Richmond Park where we stopped to have refreshments then back on the bike to Chelsea. My old flatmate Jean, organised a small team of five of us, so it was fun to be sharing the experience (and the embarrassment of wearing pink t-shirts!) We took a little under 3 hours to all finish incl. breaks and were happy to miss the thunderstorms that followed later in the afternoon. It was a fun way to help the Leukaemia charity out by raising some funds. And a big thanks to those of you who sponsored me and wished me well. I’m glad I lived up to my side of the bargin and finished the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home